Numero Uno

Hello. Welcome to my first blog. I should have done this a long time ago.

To tell the truth, I'm using this as a bit of a kick in the pants for me. You see, I'm a writer and the hardest thing about writing is actually writing. Let me explain...

Focus is the key. Focusing on the piece in hand and getting it done. That's why we shut ourselves away in little rooms, with a desk, a PC and a table lamp. Close the door, block out the real world. Mind you, we do tend to have action figures, spaceship models, books and the internet in that little room with us...

Right now I'm working on a novel, an article for Hub Magazine, I'm editing a collection of the first five of said Hub articles and I'm working on a short story for Big Finish.

My mind has a tendency to wander. I surf the net, stare out of the window, flick through the television, arrange my books into alphabetical order, polish the cat....anything that distracts me from the work in hand. So I need this blog to expose my shortcomings, my laziness, my (sometimes) lack of mental control and (with a bit of luck and a prevailing wind) shame myself into getting the work done! Oh, and I don't actually own a cat to polish!

Plus, of course, if in the unlikely event of anything exciting or important happening to me along the way I'll write about that too!

Comments

Popular Posts