Of Audios, Anthologies and Tie-Ins

As it’s just about to get properly busy on the writing front for the next few weeks, I thought I’d take the opportunity to update the blog with news of the various writing projects I’m working on at the moment – or as much as I can tell you, at any rate.

Despite the fact that my laptop is slowly dying and I'm having to work on one of my wife's computers, over the past week or so we’ve still managed to put the finishing touches to Thirteen, the horror audio anthology I’ve been working on with producer / director Neil Gardner, and it’s almost ready for release. It features brand new stories from writers such as Stephen Gallagher, Kim Newman and Dan Abnett.

They’ll be a blog update for this coming in the next few weeks, giving full details of writers, narrators and cover artwork.

I’m also working on two tie-in books as we speak, for two very different franchises, both SF. The first is called Shadow Of The Machine and is a sequel to…well, I can’t tell you that yet I’m afraid. However, the second book is called The Pandora Archive and is an action-packed prequel to…well, I can’t tell you that either, at the moment. But hopefully both books will be officially announced soon and I’ll be able to give out a few more tantalising details here on the blog.

Work on the second Snowbooks anthology is almost completed; this one being horror, and featuring brand spanking new stories from authors such as Stephen Gallagher, Alison Littlewood, Justin Richards and Gary McMahon. The anthology is called Twisted Histories and it features stories that will ‘reimagine’ famous myths, legends and biblical tropes, including Pandora’s Box, the Magi, the Green Man and the Ark of the Covenant.

Work on the first of the Tales Of The Iron War novels – The Horus Engines – still continues apace, and will now be published in October, in both paperback and in a limited edition hardback/boxed set with extra material including illustrations and an exclusive novella.

Other bits ‘n’ bobs include a short story set in 12th century England for a Crime anthology, a children’s horror novel, various short stories and a novella. (I’m also working on a spec TV script set on the Yorkshire coast in 1962, which I’m rather excited about).

But, before all that, it's time for food and a trip to the cinema to see Star Trek: Into Darkness.



Comments

Popular Posts